Wednesday, 4 January 2012

china glaze secret peri-wink-le

Wow. It's only been a month and this has already turned into I'll-do-a-nail-post-whenever-the-hell-I-feel-like-it. But I'm committed to this so here we go!

Give it up for Secret Peri-wink-le! A delightfully blueish shade that also seems a bit purple. It's been a very long time since I've seen such an original color of nail polish. (OPI Fiercely Fiona, I'm coming for you.) Most blue nail polishes seem to be cast in the baby boy blue part of the color family, but this one is almost like, so totally girly, like.
I spotted this color from across the store and was basically pulled toward it by gravity. Gravity I tell you! (This is definitely not a science blog.) What I didn't know at the time was the store that I was in only sold their products to licensed beauty professionals. Which was embarrassing for me when I went up to the cashier and she asked me for a membership card, to which I quietly replied, "What's that? Oh I don't have one." The awkward silence that followed lasted 6 seconds.

Then she took pity on me. A youngish twenty-something girl, standing in front of her both confused and embarrassed. Clutching a single bottle of nail polish in my closed, now sweaty, hand. And she let me buy it "just this once." Yeah, like socially anxious me would go back in there after that.

So would I say this story has a happy ending? Yes. I still got a China Glaze nail polish for just 4 dollars!
Well played sweaty and nervous me, well played.

Oh! And while we're on the subject of China Glaze, who's excited for the Hunger Games Capitol Colors nail polish line? This girl is! :D
Does this make me just as shallow as the Capitol itself? Damn it! :,(

No comments:

Post a Comment