Monday, 9 January 2012

e.l.f. blushes

These blushes were the first makeup items I ever bought off the internet! Woah, I paid money for something I never even saw in person? Ludicrous! Someone send me off to the crazy ward! (Calm yourself down me, people do that all the time.) And with the affordability of e.l.f. cosmetics, it's definitely not the high stakes gamble I'm making it out to be.
So, e.l.f. stands for eyes, lips, face, and today it's all about the face. I wanted these blushes not only for their super low cost, (three dollars!) but for one of their finest most celebrated abilities.

I'm talking about their ability to DUPE!

And not just dupe any old makeup product, I'm talking NARS. Oh yeah, bringing out the big guns. Well the very expensive guns anyway. So I'll show you photos and swatches of the three I ordered (I should have got more!) and then you can google their NARS almost-equivalents and compare! Well if you're interested enough that is.
C'mon. Be interested.
You: "Dammnnn, dat's alotta pink gurrrlfriend!" Me: "I know. And I love it."
With what is possibly my favorite of the trio, Pink Passion seduces us with its Barbie-inspired radiance. This near neon pink color encourages us to put our pinkest face forward. And so we shall. Also it is insanely similar to NARS Desire. Like really similar.

Tickled pink is obviously the most natural and subtle shade here. Go natural ya'll! It's great for those days when you don't want to look too overdone. It reminds me of NARS Deep Throat maybe? I can see it a little!

OOHHH. I love Fuchsia Fusion! It's so pretty, I could look at it all day. (Be back in 24hrs.) I'm talking pink, with blue undertones, with tons of glitter, and a whole lot of sass. Fan. Tas. Tic. Oh yeah, and it's a dead ringer for NARS Angelika!

Overall, I'm quite impressed with these e.l.f. blushes. (Even more so when the price is factored in.) They go above and beyond the standards of a typical drugstore blush. And although the quality is obviously not totally on par with the high end products, these blushes make it easy and fun to play around with different colors. And who knows, maybe if you like one of the e.l.f blushes enough, you might be willing to splurge on a NARS one! See, it's all part of a learning experience. We're learning and we're growing.
That'll do blush, that'll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment