Tuesday, 21 February 2012

maybelline dream bouncy blush

Blush is probably my favorite makeup item to wear and buy. So naturally I was intrigued when I first heard of Maybelline's Dream Bouncy Blush. It's so different from anything that I've ever seen or purchased before.
I went for the color Pink Plum, which isn't truly too plumy but just a fresh bright pink. I prefer this shade of pink during winter because I'm so darn pale, but I love me some peaches and corals in the summer.
Now it wasn't as bouncy as my imagination first led me to believe, but that's okay because that would be insane. If it were that bouncy it would be a 25¢ toy and not a proper makeup product!

To my surprise, the texture of this blush is more spongy. I can't just dab my finger in the product like I would a cream blush. It's difficult to pick up enough color just by doing that. So I've begun to form a sort of claw-like thing with my finger to scoop some out. Adapt!
Overall, I'm actually quite fond of it! It may not be as pigmented as my other blushes, but it's easy enough to build up and it's perfect for a subtle pink cheek. My favorite thing about this product is the naturally rosy look that it produces. With a little on my cheek in the right place, it truly looks like it could be a natural flush. My least favorite thing about this blush is that it starts to wear off after a few hours. I usually throw it in my bag in case I need to touch it up.
I think this is a really fun and original product and I'm very happy I got one. Even if it turns out to be a Maybelline cream blush lab experiment gone wrong that they just decided to sell anyway, I still like it! I'd also like to purchase the shade Hot Tamale because I definitely don't own a color like that. Hot Tamale is a bit scary in the pan as it's a bright red/hot pink, but other bloggers' swatches of it look gorgeous.

So that's everything! I really hope more unusual products like this one will be entering the market soon. They're wacky and full of pizazz, and I'm all for that. :)

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get my hands on one of these, mainly because it looks so fun haha! Hopefully they can come to the UK asap :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they are released there soon so you can pick one up too :) They're a little odd at first but yes, so different and fun!

      Delete
  2. Ooo i quite like this, that shade of pink is so pretty!
    Thanks for following btw x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's such a fresh pink! And you're very welcome :) I love the pictures you post, you have such good taste!

      Delete