Wednesday, 22 February 2012

NYC battery park purple and wet n' wild sparked

I felt a bit like a mad scientist when I painted my nails today. I was grabbing wildly, clutching and tossing bottles like an old chemist who's lost her mind, trying to decide. I wanted to experiment with polishes that I haven't worn in a while. So I ended up choosing a combination of NYC's Battery Park Purple and Wet n' Wild's Sparked!

These are two polishes I've only ever worn by themselves before, but I can't imagine why! I really should have partnered them together sooner; they ended up complimenting each other so greatly. :) Battery Park Purple is a deep glossy plum, and Sparked is a pink glitter polish that reflects silver in certain light.

The final result was surprisingly quite glam looking! I feel like this is a great nail for the transition between winter and spring. The dark purple channels the colder months while the pink glitter hints at the warm weather to come. (Or maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better about the fact that it's still snowing here.)
All in all, I'm wholly enamored with these colors as a duet. I'm happy I decided to play scientist and step into the metaphoric laboratory today, otherwise I probably would've continued to overlook these shades. High five for taking risks*!

*The smallest kind of risks anyone could possibly take. Ever.

6 comments:

  1. This looks soooooooooooo nice!!!

    Loving the combo :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when I find ways to jazz up colours that I find a bit meh! Matte topcoats are great for freshening up a fuddy duddy old polish :)

    Maisyetc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I feel so bad when the older colours have been sitting around for a long time haha. Also a matte topcoat is such a great idea! I will definitely be adding that to my shopping list :D

      Delete
  3. This is SUCH a pretty combination!xxx

    ReplyDelete