Saturday, 18 February 2012

revlon grow luscious plumping mascara

About a month ago I got this mascara for free at London Drugs when I spent $20 on Revlon products (the lip butters). I've had time to test it out and after using it for a few weeks I've decided I'm not too crazy about it.

This mascara promises to:
- grab every lash individually
- coat lashes to plump perfection
- provide 2X instant maximum volume
- strengthen and plump lashes with its conditioning formula
It doesn't easily grab every lash individually like it says it does. It takes some effort to stop it from clumping groups of lashes together. I think because the wand is so large it picks up too much of the product, which produces a gloopy clumped-together look. (Which I usually try to separate using an eyebrow comb.)

I mean it's not the worst mascara, but it's surely not one of the best. The mascara's biggest downfall for me is that the formula doesn't wear well throughout the day. It becomes flaky within hours, and leaves dark blotches under my eyes. I was surprised by this because I chose the waterproof one. Alas, at the end of the day I just end up looking like a super tired zombie. Everyone can call me Frankensmudge! (He's not exactly a zombie but let's just go with it.)



It doesn't look too bad in the picture, but I'm careful to have a light hand and a thin amount of formula on the wand. I think it's a passable mascara to use when running an errand quickly, but not for when long lasting voluminous lashes are desired.
I really do find the oversized brush harder to work with. I accidently tend to smear it on my eyelid when trying to put it on my inner lashes. So have your q-tips at the ready girls.

------

When it comes down to the nitty-gritty I wouldn't recommend purchasing this mascara, but if you can get it for free like I did, go for it! It's okay to use in the time between using up your favorite mascara and going to buy more. I feel like the large brush and inevitable flaking are what stop this mascara from achieving its claims of plump perfection and 2X maximum volume. It's a shame it didn't work for me but it's okay Revlon, I still love your lip products and your nail polish! :)

6 comments:

  1. Great post. Im a new follower, check out my blog x x Danielle x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle! I will definitely check out your blog!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Not a problem, thank you so much for reading it :) It really means a lot!

      Delete
  3. I think that the result is pretty good :)
    great review!

    ReplyDelete