Tuesday, 28 February 2012

the february luxe box

Guess what I got in the mail the other day?!

Well I guess the title has just gone and given it away hasn't it? *Sigh* My Luxe Box! Woo! :) Luxe Box is like getting a little package from Santa in the mail every month. If Santa was obsessed with makeup! (Which he is. Look at those rosy cheeks.) Anyway this is more like a first impression/see what's inside type post and later in the week I will do another one with mini-reviews for each of the products!
So judging by the box, the tissue paper, and the pamphlet they've included I'm just going to take a wild guess and say this month's box is brought to us by Flare Magazine. Very subtle guys. Alrighty let's jump right into it!
Here's the inside of the box with the five samples! Very unexpectedly colour coordinated by the way.

Lise Watier 24 Hrs Glam Mascara
My eyes just light up whenever a makeup item is included in the box. Best type of product to find in there! I can't wait to test mascara out and see if it truly lasts for 24 Hrs! Probably doesn't but let's give it a chance to shine! I've seen that this mascara comes in a bunch of crazy shades like green and blue. :O Thank goodness they sent black, we'll leave the wacky colours combinations to Lizzie McGuire!

PureDKNY Perfume Sample
Wow. Biggest perfume sample I've had in a Luxe Box ever. Thankfully it smells great! It's very lemony and fresh. The card that came with it says there's something called verbana-basil in it too. Sounds unique! So I'm going to pretend like I know what that is!

Joico K-Pal Revitaluxe Hair Stuff
This was confusing at first. I thought it was a styling product that you use when blow drying your hair, but apparently you put it in and then rinse it out. So you have to use it in the shower. But it's not quite a conditioner. I guess it's like an extra step after that? Here's to discovery!

Mereadesso Beautiful Body Balm
This stuff smells absolutely beautiful! Like some heavenly mixture of lemon and vanilla! Why must Mereadesso be so expensive? I'm very thrilled to try this out, however I must remember to ration it as it will probably never be in my life again.

Mereadesso Face and Neck Toning Gel
Now I've gotten this face cream in a past Luxe Box before and it's spectacular! It promises to take the place of all night/day face, eye, and neck creams with its adaptive formula. This was truly love at first sample for me. It's unbelievably great, but at $120 for a full-sized bottle, this will be my only chance to ever use it.
------

So that's all of it! Overall I'm super happy with this box. Luxe Box has never sent me a box that I've been disappointed about... yet. Just kidding, that's just my way of keeping them on their toes. It almost seems like February's box was made specifically to help us wave goodbye to winter. Its spring scents, moisturizing lotions, and dry hair repair products all seem to point in that direction. But I'm probably just being overly hopeful again. (Please go away winter.) Anyway, I hope you're all having a great day, and stay tuned for mini-reviews of each of these products coming soon!

4 comments:

  1. I unsubbed from Glossybox because I had been so underwhelmed by most of their boxes but this looks like a great alternative! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's really good to know! I was actually considering switching to Glossybox Canada just for something different, but it had gotten mixed reviews. But yes Luxebox is a great alternative, and I think it might start shipping to other countries soon too!

      Delete
  2. Looks great! am on the search for which beauty box is the best, this looks good :) im new to blogging, please check mine out http://misseelle.blogspot.com/ xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'll totally check out your blog, and good luck on your beauty box search. There are so many to pick from!

      Delete