Thursday, 1 March 2012

for sweater or for worse

Happy March everyone! Get ready for flowers, rainbows, and butterflies because winter technically ends this month! Except Mother Nature sometimes does this thing where she doesn't give a damn and snow continues to heap down anyway. Hah hah she's so silly. Even so, most of the snow is melted here, and I'm hoping that it stays that way. :)
So this is my attempt at a transitional winter/spring outfit. My feet were a little nippy outside, but I will continue to force more and more flimsy shoes and bright colours onto my body until the weather gets the same idea. That's strategy number 1 anyway.

Pink sweater: Jacob $30 Link!
Blue dress shirt: Gap $12
Black dress pants: RW&Co $40
Beige t-strap flats: Miss Selfridge £25 ($39) Link!
Black and gold necklace: eBay $3 Link!
This necklace was a fantastic deal. 3 dollars and free shipping? Oh yeah! I'll take it. eBay is perfect for cheap little things like this, and there are still plenty of these out there. If the link up above ever stops working, just search "black triangle necklace" and it should come up if they still carry them.
I ordered these shoes online back in September, and only wore them a few times before it got too cold out. But now that it's getting warmer it's their time to shine again! T-strap shoes are my absolute favorite kind. If there was a shoe apocalypse and only one type of shoe could survive, I would want it to be t-strap ballet flats. (Which I would quickly regret during the winter or if I needed to run someplace.) Everyone just looks so cute in them! It's such a flattering style of shoe. I think a bright cherry red pair in the summer would be adorable!

So that's my outfit/outrageous winter rant. Here's wishing everyone a fabulous March!

12 comments:

  1. Great outfit. I LOVE t-bar flats too! I'm also forcing myself into slightly too 'springy' clothes and hoping the weather will take the hint :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maisy! Such a comfy style of shoe! I agree, the weather had better get the message soon. Winter has already had its turn haha :)

      Delete
  2. Love the outfit! i don't actually own ant t-bar flats :/ may need to invest in a pair :) http://misseelle.blogspot.com/ xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They're really comfortable and you can pair them with anything! They look cute with tights :)

      Delete
  3. This is such a lovely post, great outfit and I LOOOVE the t-bar strap shoes. :]
    Your blog is lovely by the way, it's so interesting to read. You're doing well! :P
    I'm also a new blogger, any tips on getting the photography right? I think your images are great! :]

    <3 Laura x

    lollycoral.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for such a nice comment! It completely made my day :) It's always fun to find a fellow new blogger! I think your blog is gorgeous, I love the polka dots! Oh and thank you again, my favorite thing about blogging is taking the pictures. The 10 second timer on my camera is my new best friend haha. I guess my only real tip would be to get plenty of sunlight. I always try to take photos right in front of a window :)

      Delete
    2. :] thanks! Sunlight is difficult to come by in dull England! Plus I live in flat so only have one main big window! But, definitely a great tip, so thank you!! Maybe I'll brave it venture outside to get sunlight. :]
      x x

      Delete
    3. Oh no I hadn't even thought of that! But I wish you good luck! I haven't been brave enough to go outside for photos yet either :P

      Delete
  4. Such a cute outfit Caitlin. I love the collard shirt and sweater combo.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovley outfit :)
    I love how you've taken a picture of your shoes, made me smile :)

    Laura xoxo
    http://call-of-beauty-xo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the name of your blog by the way :)

      Delete