Monday, 12 March 2012

i wish my bedroom was a fort instead.

Forget about mansions, castles, and houseboats. (Okay maybe not houseboats; some of them are pretty cool.) Forts are where it's at.
Image found here
Since I've lived in apartments all my life, I've never fully been able to decorate any bedroom with careless abandon. There have always been restrictions. No painting with any colour other than white*, no replacing old carpet, no smashing down a tiny wall or two. How is a girl supposed to live?!


*I broke the painting rule. I rebelliously painted my closet doors purple without permission. Don't tell.
Image found here
However all these limitations have caused me to dream! Dream of a whimsical bedroom decorated in a way that every landlord would hate. A fort bedroom. Just think of all the holes in the walls from hanging up the fabric. Muahahaha!

So I'd like to share a few things that I feel are must-haves for any fantasy fort bedroom!
(Disregarding restrictions such as: no money, not enough space, and lack of a staple gun.)


1. A chandelier

Images found here and here
  

2. A ton of pillows

Images found here and here

3. Some white lights

Both images found here and here

4. A ruffled duvet

Images found here and here

5. A star projector

Images found here and here
-----

Sigh, there's nothing quite like a grown-up style fort. Someday I hope to live in a place where I can actually make one. In the meantime I must order a star projector off eBay! Those look like a crazy amount of fun! :)

8 comments:

  1. Oooh wow, that sure is a dream bedroom! Fairy lights are a must...and a chandelier would make the dullest room look slightly fortesque!

    In my house that I'm moving into in July, the contract states NOTHING to go on the walls including posters. As if!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what :O That contract sounds insane! Hopefully you can find a way to hang up a few things!

      Delete
  2. I love the first photo so much. I always wanted a room like that when I was little!

    Laura xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It would be so wonderful to have a room like that as a kid!

      Delete
  3. Oh gosh! Who wouldn't love a bedroom like that? All the pictures are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing this post caitlin! friggen love everything about it!!! i too wish I could build a bedroom this cozy and magical. dreaming or blogging about it will suffice [for now! ;)]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha exactly! Someday it will happen :) It's got to be tons of fun to decorate a room like this!

      Delete