Monday, 5 March 2012

maybelline color tattoo eyeshadow

So I've jumped on the bandwagon. The Maybelline Color Tattoo bandwagon that is. And I've jumped aboard with the shade Tough As Taupe! The safest most neutral shade that I could have picked. Oh well! Danger is so not my middle name.
This eyeshadow promises to:
- wear for 24 hours
- provide intense long-lasting colour
- glide on without creasing

I can't promise anything about it lasting 24 hours as I haven't actually worn it that long before, but I can say that it continually lasts around 11 hours from when I put it on in the morning until I wash it off at night. It also didn't crease on me at all. I was so surprised by its staying power. Color Tattoo Eyeshadow? They couldn't have picked a better name for it. It's kinda like a tattoo but without the absolute permanence, pain, or commitment. What a slogan!
Now this happens to be the first cream eyeshadow that I've ever tried. (Their general reputation of hardcore creasing was enough to keep me away.) However reviews on this product were so positive that I couldn't resist! Plus I love me a good neutral eye and Tough As Taupe is a beautiful light brown in the jar, and a deep purplely, gray, brown on the lid.
Boy oh boy, when you put this stuff on your eyelids, it stays on your eyelids! Be warned though, once it's dry it's very difficult to move around. So make sure you put it where you want it and try to fix mistakes as quickly as you can. :)
Have any of you tried these eyeshadows? What did you think? Which shade is your favorite? I'd love to try a bolder color, but I'm afraid I wouldn't wear it often enough to justify the purchase. I guess I'll just continue my game of playing it safe. Yay for safety! (Nobody ever cheers for safety. *Sigh*)

Overall I would agree that this eyeshadow delivers on its promise of "tattoo"-like wear. It lasts for as long as I need it to, blends easily with powdered shadows, and was quite inexpensive. If this is the direction in which all cream eyeshadows are going, then count me in for the ride. :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow - I love the idea of this, I don't own any cream eyeshadows.
    I'm the same as you, stick to nudes - if it ain't broke don't fix it!

    x
    rococ0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh totally! You couldn't be more right :) A nice neutral eye is always a classic way to go!

      Delete