Friday, 9 March 2012

sally hansen blue it and e.l.f. golden goddess

Star light, star bright, the first star that I see tonight... is on my nails! Well kind of. They are a poor excuse for starry nails actually. I just did a couple coats of a deep navy blue and one coat of gold glitter polish. (AKA: the easy way out.) Oh yeah, so much effort was given.
Sally Hansen Blue It is a polish that I've had for a while. I really enjoy its clever name and its vibrant blue colour. I got Golden Goddess last October. I think e.l.f. nail polishes are great! (Especially because they're only $2 online.) Golden Goddess's only downfall is that it has an awful strong chemical smell, even worse than most nail polish. None of the other e.l.f. ones I bought smell as bad as this one. Maybe that's just the way their glitter formulation smells? I guess I get what I pay for! And unfortunately I usually don't pay much...
I think the final result is pretty cool. Kind of lazy in comparison to what I would have liked to do. Oh well I'll get em next time. How on earth do you do that splatter effect?!
I love space and watching documentaries about the solar system so I really want to do some extreme galaxy nails in the future. But this is all the effort I will put towards it this week. May the force be with you! The starry nail polish force? I have no clue where I was going with that. Have a good day! :D

7 comments:

  1. Thats a really pretty combo! Looks very night-sky-esque. I put Golden Goddess on top of a dark red and it was really nice too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds nice! I will have to try that! Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. REALLY want to attempt galazy nails!! These are a cute simple version. Thanks for sharing!! :D
    <3 Laura x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Galaxy nails look so unique and pretty, I'll have to bust out the effort someday haha :) If you end up doing them, post a picture I would love to see them!

      Delete
  3. Also.. I've tagged you in my 11 questions post!
    <3 x
    lollycoral.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even if it is lazy - it looks pretty damn good!
    Love your blog :)

    x
    rococ0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! That's so nice of you to say :)

      Delete