Thursday, 22 March 2012

these boots were made for...

moving at a regular and fairly slow pace by lifting and setting each foot in turn.
(Otherwise known as walkin' baby!)
So lately my only options for the bottom half of an outfit have either been tights or black pants. (I really need to invest in some jeans.) So today I thought, "I should just go for it, I should follow the calendar not the weather forecast, and the calendar says it's spring." (The thoughts inside my head are wild ya'll.) So KABLAM, bare legs.

Then the boots were added to the outfit to create a virtually nonexistent subtle Western vibe. Oh you know, just going for that straight-off-the-farm look that all the kids are wearing these days. What that's not a thing?

It actually worked out in my favour though because it's still a bit too cold for completely bare legs. So tall boots are a great option if you're waiting for Mother Nature to get with the program. She can be a tricky bee-otch sometimes.

However I wouldn't have worn this if I knew I was going to be outside for a long period of time. (That wind is colder than Voldemort's heart.) I just went for a quick lunch with my mom, so I don't have a crazy hypothermia death wish or anything.

heart dress: eBay
woven belt: walmart
navy cardigan: costa blanca
brown boots: urban planet
first four beaded bracelets: claire's
love bracelet: taylor swift online store
Then I played it safe with all brown accessories. A little bit too safe if you ask me. Where's the colour? Where's the spunk? Where's the springtime sass?? I JUST DON'T KNOW!

6 comments:

  1. oooooh ice cream bar *eyes wide in wonderment* 0_0

    Ahem anyway lovely outfit! I always think brown and blue looks so classy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maisy! Navy is totally my go-to safety colour haha.

      Delete
  2. I love those boots, definitely do have the air of a western look! Plus that dessert is a thing of art - nomnomnomnom!

    Steph @ stephie-in-wonderland.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephie :D It was really good!

      Delete
  3. i love the idea of bare legs, boots and a dress, it looks fab and i totally wanna try it. You look fab!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's kind of a fun transitional outfit when you're waiting for it to warm up :)

      Delete