Thursday, 26 April 2012

mom style no.2

So I thought it would be fun to do another mom style. The segment where my mom's vintage clothing inspires a modern outfit. It's daring, it's wild, it's probably not that entertaining. If anything this post is proof that I've been sorting through the old photo albums again. What a marvelous life I lead. Nonetheless let's jump into it.

I just realized that I chose another photo where she isn't smiling! Believe me when I say that my mom actually does smile. I'm obviously just a bad picture chooser.

Below are the items that bring this "mom style" up to the 21st century! Fierce perm not included. In the 80s/90s mother was more perm than woman.
mom style no.2
mint t-shirt: american vintage, white shorts: old navy, striped duffle bag: macy's, woven belt: forever 21, tan t-strap sandals: american eagle

Mint shirt - Mint green seems to be the color this season. That being said, mother was 22 years ahead of trend. I should take her out to dinner to congratulate her. (Then ask her what will be in style for 2034. Future chic!)

Striped duffle - I think this would make for such a cute weekend bag, with its colorful stripes. It is beautiful and I would fill it with everything.

Woven belt - A classic spring staple. Woven belts instantly add texture to an outfit; they are the miracle workers of the belt world. I wonder if there are any DIY woven belt tutorials? To Google!

White shorts - Since I've yet to find the perfect pair of white jeans for spring, I'll have to compromise for some white shorts instead. You see, my worrisome mind is betting that by the time I find white jeans it will almost be summer and therefore, too hot for pants. That situation will lead to crying. Crying all over the white jeans! Or not.

Faux leather sandals - I had a pair of American Eagle sandals like this that I wore to death. [RIP shoes.] They lasted from 2008 all the way to 2011. Moral of the story: they are champions.


That's everything! Better hold me back people, or grandma style could be next.

4 comments:

  1. i absolutely love this little series.. such a cute and unique idea.. you've got one very trendy mum xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so kind of you to say! They're some of my favorite posts to write :) I'll have to tell her :P

      Delete
  2. This is awesome!! I absolutely adore finding current pieces that look like they could have come right out of my mom's closet. The 80s stuff is errrywhere now. Your mom will be happy to know she is 110% on trend right now and the envy of Nastygal/Urban Outfitters shoppers everywhere! :)
    Jennifer Malcriada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for such a wonderful comment! It's funny that as kids we usually played dress up with moms clothes, and now we actually want to wear them out haha. :P

      Delete