Tuesday, 29 May 2012

the old navy maxi skirt

No, I didn't borrow this skirt from the crazy lady who sells homemade jam on the side of the road. I got it from Old Navy! Basically the same thing? You decide.

This is the maxi skirt that I ordered online a couple of weeks ago. When it first arrived I thought it might be a little too hippie-looking, but now I realize that that was complete and utter nonsense. [So much emotional growth in the span of two days.]

I like to think that this skirt falls more under the category of too-cool-for-school-laid-back-summer-attire. Even still, I won't be pairing it with a flowy top or a headband made of daises anytime soon. That would be asking for a one way ticket into halloween costume territory, and what a dangerous territory that is.

t-shirt: joe
maxi skirt: old navy
crossbody bag: bentley
gladiator sandals: ebay
I haven't exactly been keeping my new found love for maxi length dresses/skirts a secret, [exhibit a, exhibit b] but I can't resist gushing about how comfortable they are. They've been around for so long that everyone and their grandmother has owned one, and I'm the biggest dummy for overlooking them all this time.

It's like a person who has been communicating with smoke signals for their entire life and then someone throws an iPhone at their face. [That's a made-for-TV movie just waiting to happen.]
And then there's the trusty crossbody bag that I can't stop taking everywhere. We're total BFFs.

4 comments:

  1. ehehehe... yes I've recently discovered the magic of maxi skirts as well, I saw screw pants!!! I'm not going back!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so addicting! Haha I don't want to go back either!

      Delete
  2. Chic baby! would you like to follow each other blog? :X

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the print of this skirt :)


    and the bag is so cute too!!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete