Friday, 18 May 2012

faux leather friend

I bought a jacket even though it's totally not the right season to be buying a jacket. However this is also the time when most of them are on sale, and anytime is the right time when something is on sale. (That sounds dangerously close to something out of Confessions of a Shopaholic.)
So there were two stupid moves that led to my desperate need for/the purchase of this jacket.

Stupid move number one: I sold my previous spring jacket on ebay.
Stupid move number two: I never replaced it.

Move over Stephen Hawking, genius at work over here!

Add those two stupid moves together plus the fact that it's still cold and windy outside, and Houston we have a problem. The good news is that this jacket was only $19. The bad news is that it won't be worn all that much yet. [Because this is Earth, not Pluto, and it's about to get really hot out.] But even more good news would be that when autumn arrives I'll be prepared.

Welcome to the family super cheap faux leather jacket. I promise not to sell you.
jacket: walmart
scarf: suzy sheir
dress: miss selfridge
shoes: miss selfridge

In random news, I'm almost finished reading A Game of Thrones! So far my verdict is that it's amazing! It has been a while since I've branched out from the YA genre of books and I feel so adult. (Which is totally something an adult would say.) A Game of Thrones is a wonderful example of great storytelling and incredibly well-developed characters. On top of that, each chapter is written from the point of view of a varying character; a feature that I haven't liked in other books but adore in this one. Once I finish reading it I'm going to start reading A Clash of Kings, and start watching the first season of the show. Let's hope this obsession lasts.

2 comments:

  1. Love your dress. And your jacket! Totally agree, any time is a good time when there's a sale on :) haha.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha that's going to be my motto from now on :P

      Delete