Saturday, 26 May 2012

maxi you later, alligator

It's time to break out the maxi dresses. (Or the ultimate-comfort-stretch-tube dresses as they are known around my apartment by me.) This striped one is neat because it's simple enough to make cardigan coordinating really easy. Wait, judging something on its cardigan pairing potential isn't an actual thing? Noted.

Maxi dresses also rid the impossible feat of matching shirts to pants. (Wow what a chore.) I'm also hoping that with a little handiwork and clever tucking, I'll be able to wear this dress as a skirt too.
cardigan: gap
maxi dress: joe
bangle bracelets: claire's
bow bracelet: jacob
flip flops: walmart

Last January I went through a sandal purging phase in which I threw out every old pair. I thought nothing of it until a week ago when I realized that I had no warm-weather shoes and proceeded to panic. Which led to the hasty purchase of these dull flip flops for $3.50. Problem temporarily solved.

Overall, an ideal world would be one where we could all wear a maxi dress every day. But then I would never get anything accomplished. They make me want to roll around on the floor and have a Harry Potter marathon. Most likely at the same time.

8 comments:

  1. Haha you writing makes me laugh! And I often rate my close based on how easy it is to throw a cardigan over top! Cute dress :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice of you to say! Thank you so much :) And totally! Anything that goes well with a cardigan is great in my book as well!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! They're definitely a new obsession haha :P

      Delete
  3. nice style! I follow you :)


    http://dressedcrisis.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful outfit! Striped maxi are so cool! Love your nailpolish too! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    PS. New post is up, come check out my blog whenever you have a chance!
    Style-Delights Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jyoti! Hope you are as well :)

      Delete