Monday, 25 June 2012

if you can't do the time, don't do the lime


These shorts turned out to be one of those items that you pay full price for, but then end up seeing two months later on a clearance rack for 8 dollars. Which not only leaves you dwelling on the cruelness of the world, but also causes you to shake your fist angrily at the sky, cursing the store for all the ways they have wronged you. "DAMN YOU GAAAPP!"

But in contrast to those unfortunate situations, occasionally the sale stickers can work in your favor. In fact, the shirt I'm wearing in this post was actually a 12 dollar discovery from their clearance section. Sigh. The Gap giveth and the Gap taketh away.

dress shirt: gap
shorts: gap
shoes: payless
cardigan: costa blanca
nail polish: china glaze liquid crystal


PS. It's time to break out the margaritas and Ke$ha CDs because summer has officially arrived! Now maybe it'll stop raining here long enough so it can actually start to feel like it. BAM. So much sass towards Mother Nature right now.

I should really consider changing the name of this blog from "Caitlin Gets Dressed" to "Caitlin Gets Dressed Then Complains About the Weather." It's both catchy and true.

6 comments:

  1. I looove these shorts, such a cute outfit.
    Haha who doesn't love complaining about the weather?x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And so true about the weather haha :P

      Delete
  2. Great look! I also curse stores when I have paid full price, however if it was something you would pay full price for, I guess you really want it!
    Weather has been sucking in Vancouver too! We really do need some sun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually a really good way to look at it! I always get discouraged when I see that, but I guess you never know what will still be there! And totally, the weather needs to pick it up a notch :)

      Delete
  3. Hey hun, I just found your blog and had to say I absolutely love it! You have amazing style and your hilarious! :) Following! :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That means so much, thank you! :D

      Delete