Monday, 23 July 2012

summer tote bags

Nothing says summertime quite like throwing your everyday possessions into a colorful rectangular sack right? Right! Tote bags are effortless and sizable, making them perfect for carrying around all sorts of beach and summer adventure essentials. But ya'll already know that.

But even after all my praise for tote bags, I still don't own one. You see, for years I've been on a hunt for the tote bag Zooey Deschanel carried in 500 Days of Summer. It's straw, it has a cool circular handle, and there's some sort of mysterious beachy screen print on it. Eighteen year old me fell in love. Sadly, I'm starting to think that my tote quest has turned out to be a gigantic waste of time. I can't seem to find a similar bag anywhere.

It's probably time to let go of that foolish pipe dream, pack up, and move on! [So much growth happening right now.] In fact, I'd gladly give any of the tote bags below the largest, most ultimate grand welcome into my closet.
Summer Tote Bags
magenta striped tote: go jane, beige tote: mango, striped sailboat tote: nine west, navy polka dot tote: warehouse, white & grey bow tote: modcloth
yellow & green straw tote: mango, green polka dot tote: bakers, coral straw tote: eluxe

I've also recently starting using my Pinterest account more often, so if you have one please feel free to link it below!

4 comments:

  1. Love the stripped and polka dot one :) I need a good tote bag.. the one I have is old and dirty!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too! It's awesome that you got a lot of use out of your old one though, totes are definitely the best summer bag :)

      Delete
  2. I love the blue striped one with the sailboat, so cute. And I, too, have lusted after Zooey's bag from 500 Days of Summer. Such a cute bag, too bad we haven't been able to find it anywhere haha! :)

    Keep calm and carry lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They totally should have listed her clothing in the credits or something! Oh and I love the sailboat tote too :) I wish I could pull it out of the computer screen haha.

      Delete