Wednesday, 1 August 2012

plain ol' polka dots

black polish: essence black is back, brown polish: essence walk of fame
No that's not a pocket weapon that I fashioned inside prison, it's a homemade nail dotting tool!

I first saw this clever creation on The Beauty Department blog and my jaw dropped in fascination. Sticking a sewing pin into the eraser end of a pencil? This is perfect for cheapos like me who won't spend $15 on a nail art tool kit, thank you very much Shoppers Drug MART.

In less exciting news, I got a new job a few weeks ago which has now put me drastically behind in both blogging and recreational reading. I mean c'mon, FOUR posts for the entirety of July?! Sigh. I'm a one trick pony guys.

5 comments:

  1. Ooh congrats on the new job! Bye bye free time right? Definitely need to have a crack at the handmade dotting tool, I like spotty nails but not enough spend £10 when I could spend nothing and get the result I want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maisy! Ooh yes it's a total savior :) The nail tools in stores seem so overpriced!

      Delete
  2. just found your blog and so glad i have! followed you straight away! love your nails x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much! It really means a lot! :D

      Delete
  3. wow i love the mug. and the polka dotted nails are lovely!

    i could really use some support i hope you'll help me out :)

    BOHONOTES

    ReplyDelete