Tuesday, 8 October 2013

corn of plenty

Autumn is the best. It's more than just a time for boots, knit sweaters, and evading the flu; it's cause to get up, get out there, and go do something that would really confuse aliens should they ever overtake Earth.

Something like a corn maze.

And that's just what my friend Ryan and I did on Sunday. Sure the corn may have been half dead, but our excitement was alive and well. I wore the standard autumn uniform*, and even brought my favorite fall scarf out from the depths of the coat closet. So that was a good time too.

* sweater, leggings, and boots equals DONE
scarf: sears
sweater: winners
leggings: lululemon
boots: anne klein (costaro cognac)


With hot chocolate in tow, we entered the maze. It was wild. It was also confusing.

We took pictures of said wild confusion.
We were held hostage by the maze for around 50 minutes. Not going to lie, I did feel a bit like Harry Potter in the Triwizard Tournament, but you know, without all the death. Then we found the way out by accident. (Lol.) There were no real dead ends, just paths that went in circles which felt like big slaps in the face from whoever designed it.

We're hoping to do some other festive things this month too, like a ghostly underground tour and a haunted house on Halloween. SpoOoOky. This time of year is definitely a'MAZE'ing.*

*Oh no she didn't

13 comments:

  1. Yes! Corn mazes are an autumn must! (and.....I totally pretend I'm Harry Potter too).
    xoxo-Mandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely are! It was my first one and it was so much fun :) And exactly, Harry is the way to go haha!

      Delete
  2. Hello, honey, I hope you like my blog- Fashion Gets Fierce.
    Lots of surprises have been prepared so like my official fan page on facebook: (https://www.facebook.com/fashiongetsfierce)
    And follow me on blogger and I promise that you won't lose anything!

    With love,
    Inês de Castro

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your outfit, so perfect for Fall! I've never done a corn maze before, you guys make it look like a lot of fun. (Love the pun at the end, by the way. haha) xx

    Keep calm and carry lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! It was my first corn maze and definitely so much fun :) Thanks for liking the pun too haha, I was questioning if I should have kept that in there. :P

      Delete
  4. Your blog is lovely, which is why I have nominated you for the Liebster award. Info is in my latest post if you would like to accept it.
    Emma Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet of you! Thanks Emma :)

      Delete
  5. What amazing photography!
    You're gorgeous, and love that jacket!
    Sarah x
    thepalettee.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sarah! I've definitely been wearing that jacket a ton haha, I really hope it's ready for the long haul. :P

      Delete
  6. That scarf is so gorgeous! It's really unique and looks lovely with your outfit :)
    www.kathjam.blogspot.com
    KJ xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the fall colors between your boots and scarf, which is super cute! Looks like a fun shoot with corn as the background (:
    ~Makaela at www.makaelassuitcase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete