Friday, 4 October 2013

gold things come to those who wait

This cardigan/bolero/shrug-thing is the flashiest piece of clothing I own.

Let's go back in time a bit. You see, when it came to sequins I used to be a major playa hater. Words like "gaudy," "tacky," and "cheap-looking" were carelessly thrown around by the sheltered bitch that was my fashion sense.

"Bring me more jeggings and chiffon shirts!" it shouted, drunk with power.

"Bu-but that's all we ever wear..." I said.

As you can see, overcoming this fictional/internal situation was quite the task. At first it felt a little Las-Vegas-showgirl-Christmas, but I have since changed my mind on the matter. Sequins seem to possess the almost magical ability to bring light to anyone's complexion and overall look. Lol I don't know, I've been drinking.
cardigan: american eagle
dress: ardene
tights: betsey johnson
boots: forever 21

Oh, and this dress was only seven dollars! It was 70% off and I was like let's dance.

But that's about it. Have you changed your mind on any trends before? Hope you have a fabulous Friday!

4 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I've tagged you for the 'Beauty Things I Suck At' tag on my blog, so check out my post! :3
    xx
    (jasmineglamez.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the tag Jasmine!

      Delete
  2. Love your outfit, wonderful post, can't wait for more xoxo

    ReplyDelete