Thursday, 28 August 2014

diorshow black out mascara

This is my very first high end mascara.

It's a week away from my 23rd birthday and I'm just now discovering what it's like to be an actual grown up woman. And real grown up women spend 30 dollars on black crap for their eyes god dammit! Well, truthfully my mom paid for it. She got it for herself, she didn't like it, and I was next in line. Prince Charles and I have so much in common.
Here are some thoughts on it.

*This mascara is a pure true black - it's black like starless deep space, liquorice jelly beans, my ex boyfriend's heart. The list could go on and on. This level of black would be a blessing for someone with blonde lashes.

*Wet formula - very easy to reapply throughout the day or quickly build up for a more dramatic look. Oh la la.

*Easy to take off - well, compared to my usual Revlon Colorstay Overtime 24hr mascara it is. This stuff is like the Wicked Witch of the West in a bottle; just add water and it melts away like nobody's business. Good for washing up, but bad for tears. I do wish I had the waterproof version. I'm a big ol' crybaby.

*It seems to be getting better with age - I've been using it on and off for about two months and it's a lot more manageable than it was in the beginning. Less runny and smudgy, more volumizing and defining.

But...

*It's hard to get corner lashes with this massive ass brush - a giant glob of product just gathers at the end of the wand patiently waiting to ruin your inner corner highlight... Bottom line? She's a scraper.
If I were to repurchase this mascara, it would definitely be in the waterproof formula. Hopefully that would solve any early on smudging problems. However, the brush makes me hesitant to truly consider getting this again. It's a shame because the formula is pretty killer. Overall, it's good. But it's not perfect.

Maybe I should chalk this up to a case of it's what's on the inside that really counts.

But then again, nobody messes with my inner corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment